Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Worms?!

So, I am told that we have to be dewormed every six months or so while living here. I guess we are overdue for a good deworming then. That really makes my skin crawl. I already get heebie jeebies thinking about worms, especially those living in ones intestines, but to think I have to be dewormed disgusts me! Apparently, it is good practice to do it every 3 months and since we have been here 7 months and have not done it, we need to take a three day regimen. Well, I guess I am off to the pharmacy tomorrow for the 3rd time this week. Deworming is done in almost all the schools here in South Africa twice a year. Of course I had to do some research on the internet and now I wish I hadn't. The pictures are creepy.

The World Cup is winding down. Netherlands will be in the final. Spain is playing Germany as I write right now. The match is being played right here in Durban tonight!!! It would be so exciting to be there! I am hoping Spain will win it. They have never won a World Cup but are a very good team.

On to today's Froggy story. We were driving home from work/school and Sienna saw Hillcrest Christian Academy. She said- "You know, Froggy goes to school there. He also takes soccer lessons there. Right now he is out of school so he is at the stadium playing soccer all the time. All of his frog friends died in the snow so he has to play soccer with real people. The people are very tall and Froggy is small. Froggy doesn't have shoes to play soccer. I have to buy him some but I won't have any money until school starts. I am going to buy him some yellow and green soccer shoes like Bafana Bafana. He also needs a jersey but even the small ones are too big for Froggy. I think we need to go to Build a Bear to buy Froggy a jersey (note- she saw Bafana Bafana soccer attire at the Build a Bear here)."

Wanted: Froggy sized Bafana Bafana jersey!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment