Friday, March 12, 2010

Another week has gone by

The days go by so quickly here. I guess because I stay so busy. It hasn't been an eventful week other than the girls really acting up. Not sure why, they are just going through a stage of testing their boundaries. Today they had a birthday party in the afternoon. It was for Ronan- his 5th birthday party. It was really nice. His mother, Janine picked the girls up at school since it started at 2 pm. And I arrived around 3:30. They had been swimming. I didn't know they would be swimming there so I didn't pack their "cozzies" (costumes or bathing suits). So, when I got there, they had on some of Ronan's swimming attire. So cute! There were lots of kids there and lots of family and friends. The girls were pretty shy and played mostly with a little black girl who has cerebal palsy. She was by herself so Sienna and Sofia went to her and were trying to teach her to jump and play with them. She is in their class at school. The them was firetrucks. Everyone already loves the girls and gravitate to them.
I had a parent teacher conference this week. Janci, their teacher, said she is also having problems getting them to obey. When it is time to do something, they just run outside or lay in the floor. But she said she thinks it is getting somewhat better. And they are also really trying to get the girls to integrate with the other kids. They will hardly leave each other. They are learning to ride bikes at school. And some of their friends are Holly, Zoe, Quinn, Tai, Jaryd and Ronan.
Tomorrow (Saturday), I have to fly to Johannesburg for the day to meet with Archbishop Desmond Tutu's daughter. She is interested in coming onto our board. That would be incredible. He is such an icon- even at almost 80. He was instrumental in helping end apartheid here in South Africa. I leave at 7 and get back at 4. I'm not sure what we will do on Sunday. I keep wanting to take them to the beach. We'll see

No comments:

Post a Comment