Friday, January 1, 2010

Finally in our new house

December 31st and Jan 1st- In the new house!

I was expecting to get the keys to the house to start moving on in the 1st but the rental agent called me at 7:30 Thursday morning and said that I could go ahead and start moving in. Before getting the keys I went to look at a black leather living room suite that had been posted in the classifieds. I bought it. It is very nice. So, Lunghi (the driver) and I loaded it up and went straight to the house to get the keys. The people who I bought it from threw in a hamster and cage for the girls. They have named it so many different names but I think they are sticking with Cookie now. It is so cute- only 2 months old. It is really furry and soft. It's a Russian Hamster- grey and black. He (we think it is a he) is very gentle and doesn't bite. He has this little green ball that I put him in and close it and he runs all over the house.

The girls were also calling him George and Dumbo.

After getting the keys, we went to get my dining table and two red leather chairs. Then back to the office to load up the refrigerator, washing machine and microwave. Lunghi is a very skinny little man and it was just he and I who were carrying this stuff in the house.

The girls were so excited to be in the house.

I bought a 32 inch LCD for the living room and a DVD player (that plays DVDs from the States too). Lunghi hooked tha up for me before he left so the girls could watch their movies.

There is a shopping center with two grocery stores about 4 minutes down the road.

We spent the day getting the things moved in and then I unpacked up into the evening. I was up at midnight when the new year came. They light fireworks here as well. They call them crickets.

The girls were so excited to see their toys that they hadn't seen in a while. I got their bedroom and beds set up. I bought them Disney Princess bedding. That is what they wanted.

Jan 1- I skyped with Sal as the new year rolled in there in the US. He was at Derek and Melissa's house.

I spent the day unpacking. I need hangers! I don't have even one hanger. And they are pretty expensive here. I am just going to have to bite the bullet and buy some. Then I will bring some back when I go home in late February. Right now all my clothes are in piles in the floor.

We are all good. We went to the store this afternoon adn bought some groceries. I have no pots and pans so I bought a baking sheet, a skillet and a cheap pot.

The girls wanted KFC for dinner. They LOVE the "ckicky treats" meal. It's popcorn chicken and fries. They have eaten it 3 times in the last 4 days. There is also a KFC in that same shopping center just a few minutes away.

They swam for a little bit today but got tired of it pretty quickly.

We have a gecko that lives behind the DVD player. Sienna is very happy. Then this evening as I was shutting all the windows and doors, saw on of these huge African millipedes crawling across the living room floor. They are harmless but sure creep me out. They are about the size of a finger around and this one was aobut 6 inches long. YUCK! I threw him back outside.

We miss everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment